Excerpt of press release :
« Ottawa, ON, February 22, 2021 – Wood Design & Building magazine has announced the winning projects from the coveted Wood Design & Building Awards program. Launched in 1984, the awards program recognizes and celebrates the outstanding work of visionaries around the world who inspire excellence in wood architecture.
Submissions to this year’s Wood Design & Building Awards were an inspiring mix of structures, from a humble library built against a rock wall in China, to a reconstructed heritage horse barn in Alberta and Canada’s longest clear span bridge, in Nova Scotia. The functionality, beauty and diversity of wood is illustrated in the wide range of projects that won this year’s awards. With an increasing focus on renewable materials and net-zero buildings, the use of wood is a solution embraced by many of the world’s best architects and engineers.
- Patinoire du Parc des Saphirs, Boischatel, Quebec, ABCP architecture
- Thaden School Bike Barn, Bentonville, Arkansas, Marlon Blackwell Architects
- Natural Library in Zheshui Village, Zheshui Village, China, LUO studio
CANADIAN WOOD COUNCIL AWARDS
- Green Gables Visitors Centre, Cavendish, Prince Edward Island, Root Architecture Inc.
- 720 Yonge Mass Timber Building, Toronto, Ontario, Brook McIlroy
- Bromont Summit Chalet, Bromont, Quebec, Lemay
- Metrick Cottage and Boathouse, Lake Joseph, Ontario, Akb Architects
- T3 West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia, Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture with DLR Group
- Edmonton Valley Zoo Children’s Precinct: Urban Farm, Edmonton, Alberta, the marc boutin
architectural collaborative inc.
- Toronto Montessori School Bayview Campus, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Farrow Partners Inc. Architects
- SoLo, Soo Valley, British Columbia, Perkins & Will »