« The members of the master jury of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture were announced recently. The jury, which selects the recipients of the award, will convene in January to review the 401 nominated projects and select approximately 25 finalists, which will then be subject to on-site reviews by independent experts.
The jury will meet for a second time in June to select the award recipients from the group of finalists. Recipients will be announced at a ceremony in autumn 2010.
The nine members of the master jury for the 2010 award are:
- Souleymane Bachir Diagne, professor in the Department of Philosophy, Columbia University, USA
- Omar Abdulaziz Hallaj, architect and Chief Executive Officer of the Syria Trust for Development
- Salah Hassan, art historian and curator, and director of the Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, USA
- Faryar Javaherian, architect and curator, and co-founder of Gamma Consultants, Iran
- Anish Kapoor, artist, UK
- Yu Kongjian, landscape architect and urbanist, and founder and dean of the Graduate School of Landscape Architecture, Peking University, China
- Jean Nouvel, architect and founding partner, Ateliers Jean Nouvel, France
- Alice Rawsthorn, design critic, International Herald Tribune, UK
- Basem Shihabi, architect and managing partner, Omrania & Associates, Saudi Arabia »
(Source: Canadian Architect)